For About and By Caregivers

Subscribe to our bi-monthly publication Today's Caregiver magazine

  + Larger Font | - Smaller Font

CARENOTES / Past Carenotes / Discussion Forum / Let's Talk


Welcome to CareNotes. In this special section we will feature a reader's letter and provide an opportunity for an interactive exchange that will help find some answers and possible solutions to concerns. If you wish to respond to this letter, simple follow the link provided at the end of the letter and add your comments and thoughts to our CareNotes Board.

This Week's Carenote - 09/11/09

I live in Owensboro, KY,  my county is Daviess. We are looking for information on how a family member can become a caregiver. Wife for her husband.  We have very little information and want to know more about how to start this process.

Thank for all your help.

Answer This Week's CareNote

Reply to Letter  |  View Comments  |  Past Carenotes |   Discussion Forum

View Comments

Date: 09/16/2009
Time: 10:25 AM


Are you asking how a family member can get “paid” as a caregiver. If so, I think you start with Social Services and ask them how to apply.

Date: 09/16/2009
Time: 01:06 PM


Since you live in Daviess County, you can contact Green River Area Agency on Aging at phone number 270-926-4433 or toll free at 1-800-648-6056. If you have a computer, the email address is: Someone there should be able to tell you what services are available for your area, such as; respite, transportation, home delivered meals, homecare, etc. Good luck!



Join our Group or become
Fan below

Caregiver on Facebook

   Follow us on Twitter

You TubeFearless Caregiver Channel