1. Drink a cup of water instead of that cola (even diet).
2. Don’t add more than a small “pinch” of table salt to any meal
3. Slice carrots and celery (or whatever your favorite vegetables) to keep
your hunger in check during the day.
4. Talk to yourself about your nutritional habits “Why do I always have
to go to the ice cream store when I go to the drugstore.”
5. Don’t scale watch, trust me, it can be very frustrating.
6. Don’t stock your refrigerator with “empty calories” its easier to
grab an apple if it is there and a cupcake isn’t!
7. Be as knowledgeable of your health concerns (diabetes, hypoglycemia,
allergies) as you are of your loved one’s concerns
8. Accept compliments when the results of your nutritional program start
9. If you cannot pass by the fast food restaurant without stopping, have
some chicken or a salad.
10. Celebrate your victories, don’t punish yourself over any setbacks,
this is your life not a test to pass or fail.
Feel free to e-mail me with additions to this list; lets all help each
other stay healthy!
to our weekly e-newsletter