ARTICLES / Caregiver /Top Ten
Things a Caregiver Needs ... /
Share This Article
Top Ten Things a Caregiver Needs
from a Health Care Provider
By Gary Barg
(Page 1 of 2)
1. Attention: The caregiver's loved
one may be the 27th similar case you've seen today, but to the caregiver this is Mom or Dad, Sister or
2. Compassion: Be diligent in its application.
3. Time: A few moments of your undivided time is some of
the strongest medicine you'll ever administer -- and it costs so very little.
4. Respect: The person pushing the wheelchair is also
part-time bookkeeper, psychologist, dietitian, insurance and incontinence expert
and a full time general in the war they are waging with this illness. They
not only need yourrespect, they DESERVE it.
5. Dedication: Be relentless in your devotion to your
craft. The caregiver has entrusted you with their most valuable asset - their loved
one. You earn that trust with your skill, knowledge base and ability.