ARTICLES / Caregiver / Gary's
Caregiver Nutritional Tips/
1. Drink a cup of water instead of
that cola (even diet).
2. Don’t add more than a small “pinch” of table salt to
3. Slice carrots and celery (or whatever your favorite
vegetables) to keep your
hunger in check during the day.
4. Talk to yourself about your nutritional habits “Why
do I always have to go to
the ice cream store when I go to the drugstore.”
5. Don’t scale watch, trust me, it can be very
6. Don’t stock your refrigerator with “empty calories”
its easier to grab an apple
if it is there and a cupcake isn’t!
7. Be as knowledgeable of your health concerns
allergies) as you are of your loved one’s concerns
8. Accept compliments when the results of your
nutritional program start to show.
9. If you cannot pass by the fast food restaurant
without stopping, have some
chicken or a salad.
10. Celebrate your victories, don’t punish yourself over
any setbacks, this is your
life not a test to pass or fail.
Feel free to e-mail me with additions to this list; lets
all help each other stay healthy!